The Shoalhaven has a cultural history and the area is continuing to inspire artists with its beauty. Today the city is catered for in art places at the Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre, The School of Arts, Shoalhaven City Art Centre, Meroogal, Bundanon Trust, The Lady Denman Heritage Museum and a range of smaller community galleries & museums.
There are many upcoming events and here are a few to mention (Please refer to the picture below for the full event schedule)
- John Downton Exhibition at the Fleet Air Museum which runs until the 6th February 2015 – $10.00 a ticket.
- ‘The Bundanon Big Draw’ 18th Jan 2015 – Come particpate in the longest drawing ever created 10.30am – 4pm. Included in entry cost to Bundanon Homestead
- ‘Giggle & Hoot & Friends’ 21st Jan 2015 at the Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre 10am & 12.30pm shows $32.90 a ticket
- ‘Sydney Soloists Riverside Concert’ 22nd Feb 2015 at Bundanon Trust. 1.30pm entry, 2.30pm concert. $35.00 a ticket, $30.00 conc, kids under 16 free.
- ‘Centenary of Anzac Exhibition – Not Forgotten’ 28th Feb through to December 2015 at the Nowra Museum. Entry is free
- ‘Art Workshops at Jervis Bay’ from the 14th – 15th March 2015 go to www.artworkshopsatjervisbay.com.au for further information
- ‘A Camera on Gallipoli’ 23rd April to September 2015 at the Jervis Bay Maritime Musuem in Huskisson.
- ‘Arts in the Valley 2015 – Music & Art’ A 3 day event from the 1st May to the 3rd May 2015. For further information go to www.artsinthevalley.net.au
- ‘Shoalhaven Coast Winter Wine Festival’ from the 6th – 8th June 2015. For further information please visit www.shoalhavencoastwine.com.au
For further information on any of the above or below go to contact Shoalhaven Tourism on 1300 662 808 or the Shoalhaven Arts Centre on 02 4429 5444.