The inaugural event was held on the 15th October 2011 in perfect conditions for an adventure challenge. As first time adventure challenge competitors Ray White Principal Shane Hilaire and his son Trent set a goal of completing the course without time penalties. Challenge accepted, goal completed, finishing 37th overall and 5th in the Adult / Youth category with a course time of 4hrs 34mins.
The challenge has raised approximately $61,000 for the children of Noah’s Ark Centre, a centre of excellence in early intervention services for children with special needs in the Shoalhaven, Jervis Bay Territory, Berry and Gerringong areas.
For the record:
– 69 Teams completed the course – 138 Competitors.
– The course covered 45kms from Ben’s Walk in the Nowra Creek area to Flat Rock Dam and the Shoalhaven State Forest.
– Disciplines included run, mountain bike, canoe and orienteering.
– 1st overall finished with a time of 3hrs 5mins – Raytheon Team 3.
– 24 Teams completed the course in less than 4 hours.
– 12 Teams received time penalties.
A great day out, certainly tougher than expected and now in training for next year’s event.